Burgess Hill Healing Rooms is one of over 100 registered Healing Rooms in the UK. We are members of the International Association of Healing Rooms and the National Association of Healing Rooms England. Worldwide there are over 1,100 Healing Rooms in 50 nations linked together through the IAHR. www.healingroomsengland.com.
7:00 – 9:00pm on the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month.
Who are we?
All Healing Rooms are accountable to the IAHR and follow a strictly defined code of training and operation – regardless of their location and nationality.
Our Healing Rooms comprises volunteer team members from Burgess Hill & Haywards Heath churches. Day to day operations are overseen by two Directors. There is an advisory board comprising ministers and lay persons who encourage and endorse the work.
Who can visit the Healing Rooms?
The Healing Rooms are for anyone who has a physical condition or illness. We do not offer a counselling service.
For example you may:
- be waiting for an operation
- have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness
- have a chronic condition or illness
- have a stress-related illness
- have a condition that is not serious
Even if you are not ill, you may know a friend, neighbour or family member who may benefit from a visit to the Healing Rooms.
Both adults and children can receive prayer, although children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
You don’t need to go to church or have a religious background or beliefs – and we won’t put you under any pressure regarding this!
A guest on our opening evening after being prayed for proclaimed: “This is so good! I didn’t expect anything like this. This is better than any doctor…”.
What can you expect?
- Prayer for healing
- Run like a surgery using three prayer rooms
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Trained people to pray for you
- Sympathetic and caring ministry team
- Comfortable and pleasant surroundings
- No appointment necessary
- Come back as often as you need
What does it cost?
The ministry is offered free of charge, but if you wish you may make a donation towards the running costs and refreshments.
“Freely we have received, freely we give” (Matthew 10:8)
Healing in The Bible
Health, Healing and Wholeness is a recurring theme throughout the Bible.
For example in the Old Testament it says:
- “I am the Lord, who heals you” (Exodus 15:26)
- “I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord” (Jeremiah 30:17)
… and in the New Testament:
- “The people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them” (Luke 4:40)
- “Jesus took our infirmities and diseases upon Himself” (Matthew 8:17)
Jesus empowered the Church to continue healing the sick:
- “…believers shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” (Mark 16:18)
In recent times the Christian Church has been reclaiming this neglected and much needed ministry – bringing God’s love, healing and wholeness to a broken world.